Friday, April 24, 2009

Georgian Clam Chowder with Old Fashioned Ham and Cheese Pannini

We Absolutely love Clam Chowder. I am partial to the New England type. We have traveled from coast to coast to taste chowder. Right now the chowder that has made a very good impression on me is pikes place chowder in Seattle. Their chowder made me raise an eyebrow. It was so delicious. But we quickly realized that there chowder was good because of the great stock they made from the steady supply of fresh seafood and through our research we found out that many places who have a thriving bustling clam and oyster market still purchase their clams and oysters from New England. I think it's great, but I am soo competitive and I really would like a non traditional clam and oyster producer like Georgia to be put on the map. Georgia is unique because it has a small shore line that produces an abundant amount of seafood that is not widely known and I think with a little more promotion the Georgia coast can get the much needed funding to produce, farm and save this untapped industry.

This Georgian clam Chowder recipe was originated with the Georgia clam in mind by adding home grown veggies and herbs with sweet corn from the husk being the stand alone difference from all other clam chowders.

Recipe Posted on http://urbanhomesteadcooking.blogspot.com/

No comments: