Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lamb Fries anyone!?!?

So im visiting this Extreme cold state of Oklahoma and went out to eat and there I found the Infamous Lamb Fries on the menu. I had to try it. The thought of eating lamb scrotum didn't bother me a bit. It was really good. But than again everything fried tastes good. So Im not sure if they were prepared for lets say a "Puritan" if I would have appreciated them. I don't have very good memories of Oklahoma, the last time I visited I almost died of pneumonia but I did get to see my first ever tumble weed barrel across the road I only saw those on the movies and I also saw my first ever prairie dog in a real live wild prairie town. Being from NY City I was wishing I had that huge hammer to smash each one of them as they poked there heads out. But anyways here I am again in this frigid 17 degree F whipped air battling with another cold. It sux. My wife told me it was 70 degrees yesterday back home, Bummer!!

6 comments:

Sue said...

And I'm betting Oklahoma is even colder today! And back home, you don't get to watch the tumbleweeds.
:D
Stay warm!

ATW said...

Sue- I don't even know what to call the cold here. It's windy and cold and goes straight through you. We got a chance to drive out and about and even though there is nothing but rolling hills and farm country, I kind of found my appreciation for OK, Im warming up to it.

Wendy said...

I think there's something about it being so flat, treeless, and windy that makes it seem colder. I lived in central Texas many years ago, and I can remember that it felt colder than it does to me here in Maine. Temperature-wise, it's colder here, but without the driving wind and with the air being more moist here (I guess) the cold doesn't feel so ... merciless ;).

Make sure when you're outside that you're wearing gloves. It, seriously, makes a difference.

ATW said...

Thanks Wendy-- Your right about the gloves. Oklahomans are interesting bunch like Texas. I met people of all races in texas and the only way to describe them is Texan. It's the same here with Oklahoma. I met a black man that had so much cowboy country swagger. I just smiled and said he's Oklahoman. It takes a tough crowd to endure the cold out here and I can tell by how tall these folks are around here. I feel like a midget!!

jjd said...

Yea ... I've had lamb fries as well and agree that anything fried is fair game. I probably couldn't tolerate one nigiri-style, if that even exists.

Dan said...

"but without the driving wind and with the air being more moist here (I guess) the cold doesn't feel so ... merciless ;)."

SOOO close, but ya flipped it around :). It feels so darn cold here b/c it is so moist. We are always at like 900% humidity (i exagerate...but you get the point)...not all of us Okies are so "country" though...you WHERE in Mcalister ya know :). I enjoyed our conversation, and look forward to your success with you new bird.
ATB
-D-