Friday, March 26, 2010

Jackson- my Little Doofus

So here is Jackson my Little Doofus. He is growing like a teenager raiding the pantry every night and is just a ball of primitive Testosterone. My wife and I have feel in love with the German Short Haired. Jackson has tons of personality and because the breed has such a strong line of hunters that are active, most puppies are born with amazing instinct. Jackson was retrieving the day I bought him home, he is turning out to be a great watch dog and all I have to do now is tighten up is pointing skills so that I can hunt him under the bird. But Mr. Dufus does has his shortcomings. Jackson is to smart for his own good and the Garden is play garden. He has chewed up my beautiful twig fence. ( My wife was soooo happy) And we had to replace it with something stronger and Dog proof. Cheeba my pitbull wont even think about going into that place. But Jackson has no boundaries and could careless if you disciplined him for doing something wrong. So I had to conform which was soooooooo hard for me to do. But being that my wife would be taking care of him while I was away, I had no other options. We have different views on training animals and right now im in no position to voice my concerns out loudly. (but im secertly waiting). so anyway Mr Doofus is growing up fine and is a pleasure to be around. I can't wait to take him out swimming and hunting later on this year it should be fun.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Oh man, he is a real cutie! As I have an 8 month old dog myself, I can definitely relate to the chewing issues. sigh,.

ATW said...

Robin- I have spent many anights shaking my head. Its so hard to see pass the cute!!

The Beneficial Bee said...

He is looking so handsome. You only have, what, a couple more years, then he will mellow out. :)

ATW said...

BB- Yessss, your right. A few more years and and thats a MAYBE!!