Saturday, February 26, 2011

Urban Critter Stew

This has been the most anticipated meal of the winter season. My Urban Critter Stew it is a mix of critters that I took hunting this season. My hawk Koto and I killed several squirrels, took a few rabbits and even some quail. I saved all these critters and today I made my stew. Um Um Ummmmm Goodness!!! If you taste this stew I will guarantee you will be heading out the next day to shoot some squirrels, rabbits and quail. This is how I make my Urban Critter Stew:

Materials-
  • Crock pot
Ingredients-
  • 2-3 squirrel carcasses quartered
  • 1 rabbit carcass quartered
  • 3-6 quail breast
  • 2 cups of water
  • 1 glog of Better than Bouillon chicken base
  • 1 sweet onion
  • Few cloves of Garlic crushed and minced
  • 1 stick of butter
  • half packet of 15 bean dry bean mix bag
  • your favorite hot peppers ( I picked some Cayenne's from the garden and Thai peppers)
  • Crushed Black Pepper
Directions-
  • If you have a small crock pot like I unfortunately do you have to use half of the dry beans in the 15 bean soup package. (Throw away the seasoning)
  • Pour half the packet into the crockpot and fill halfway with water.
  • Let set for 24 hours to soften beans.
  • After 24 hours pour water out and and rinse beans.
  • Add squirrels, rabbit, and quail to crock pot
  • Throw in garlic, onions, and sliced peppers
  • Take a glog of Better than Boullion chicken base and add it to the 2 cups of warm water and stir until dissolved
  • pour into crockpot
  • soften 1 stick of butter in microwave and pour into crock pot
  • add freshly crushed black pepper
  • Cook until Meat is falling off the bones.
This recipe is an exclusive and will make you want to smack your momma. Umm Ummm UMMm Goodness. Enjoy

No comments: