Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Growing Bush beans


When we placed our beans in the ground I had no idea that they would almost look alien as they burst through the ground. It seems like all of the beans have this characteristic. But nonetheless, the bush beans responded great to the raised beds and and once their leaves were set they started to produce flowers. The amazing thing about these guys is the time it took from flower to bean. I wish i could do some slow motion camera video on these guys, because they grow fast. We love string beans and look forward to our harvest soon.

2 comments:

Melissa ~ Mom to 6 said...

They do look alien-like, don't they? The first year I grew beans I accidently weeded them all out of the garden. haha I know better now.

ATW said...

Melissa- LMAO, that is so funny. If your not warned about bean germination you might just start having nightmares