Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Steak and Potatoes


My wife and I were in the mood for steak tonight and what better way to have steak than to have them with potatoes. i have to confirm that my butcher gets his meat from the area. The fillets were awesome. Recently, I have fell in love with the small fingerling potatoes. They are great to just throw in the skillet and sauteed with butter, covered under controlled heat and garnished with a little sea salt, black pepper and fresh rosemary. The fillet was pan fried to perfection and for me that means rare with a seared crust. The gardens peas and beans picked fresh from the garden were excellent along with the honey glazed carrots were great. Im really digging the tupelo honey we picked up from Florida, it does have a great taste. And thank God for Georgia to finally allow Yeungling Lager into our state. I don't know what the issue was about. But now I can finally get the oldest beer in America in my town. What a great feeling and a way to end the night.

5 comments:

Melissa ~ Mom to 6 said...

My husband will be right over to help with leftovers... if there are any! (He was peeking over my shoulder just now.) WOW does that make our mouthes water.

Sue said...

Those peas look Awesome---I want them!!! Oh, garden, hurry up!!!

ATW said...

Melissa- Usually I will say, nahh it's the camera. But nope, when we finished pan frying the fillet and made the plate, I told my wife hands down this is one of the best meals that I have had. Everything was perfect.

Sue- I told my wife we may just have to expand our back yard to grow more veggies next year especially peas, they are the new tomatoe

Kenneth Moore said...

Mmm, I had a Yeungling last night at dinner with a friend. One of the only good beers produced in America! I'm glad you get it down in Georgia--I know a few people who will be happy that it's now gone further south than North Carolina!

ATW said...

Kenneth- There was some strange politics involved, for why yeungling wasn't able to be sold in GA. I could go across the border to AL and get it and when I went to FL I could get it also. There was some strange reason, but apparently somebody won. Im happy.