Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Dog Cheeba



When I came back from my second tour of Iraq this year, my wife and I planned on buying a chocolate Lab. I put a deposit on pup from california and this breeder was going to drive the pup all the way to the east coast.


My wife and I Purchased another home and we were in the process of moving. One day I was leaving early to go over to the house and as I opened my front door I was spooked because there were literally three pups that stuck their heads into my house literally. I called my wife and she couldn't believe how vulnerable, scared and beat up they looked. It was apparent that the fawn colored one was used as a bait dog, because she had bite marks all over her muzzle, ears and extremities. She was very scared and rolled over on her back in my driveway and I looked at my wife and said, "Well, I guess we found ourselves a dog."


From that day forward we took Cheeba into our home and she has been with us ever since. She was severly abused and I attribute my working with hawks to saving her. By giving her alot of positive reinforcement and being her leader she has grown to be an awesome dog that gets along great with our cats in the house and has a strong natural affection for all people and other dogs and animals.


She is bully breed mix. Some say a pitbull mixed with boxer and others say a boxer mixed with some sort of hound or hunting dog. I don't know. But what I am sure of is her ability to track and hunt. She absolutley loves it

No comments: