Thursday, April 9, 2009

Our future

I guess with the release of Taka this past week, I have been getting all waxing-philosophic on myself. I have been thinking allot about our direction as a country and with individual responsibility. I look at my two boys and realize that even though what I do today will make a big difference for tomorrow, I can't help to think about what hand they will be dealt, when they are of age to make a difference. I guess we would all like to think that our future lies with our children but the reality is that our future lies with us. Because if we don't train our children to take an active role in taking care of the things around them, they will continue to go on the trend towards a narcissistic lifestyle that will only push us all further away from who we truly are.

2 comments:

ChristyACB said...

Your boys are beautiful!

I've passed your blog address on. You're an awfully good role model, ya' know!

ATW said...

Christy- Thanks alot!! My boys are something else. Hopefully by raising them well they can carry on the tradition and teach their children one day.