Sunday, March 15, 2009

Welcome Home Ezelle and Ester

Today I Picked up the two sistas, Ezelle and Ester. They are going to make a great addition to our family. We ironically found these two gals from a couple who also share the ideas as we do with regards to sustainable living in a small environment.

On the way home one of these guys laid a brown egg in my transport box. My wife thought it was so cool. When I got home I got the pen together installed some nest boxes and a place to roost, threw some feed out, added fresh water and watched Ezelle and Ester scratch and forage. They were eating bugs and weeds and clucking at each other. I hope I don't offend anybody by there names but they remind of two black sisters raising a fuss. They are going to be great and I can't wait to make my first omelet.

No comments: